Valve Actuation & Control:
• Hydraulic Actuated
PNEUMATIC & HYDRAULIC SINGLE & DOUBLE ACTING
ProControl SS series actuators are suitable to operate small, medium and large size valves both in shallow or deep water applications and can also be supplied complete with ROV receptacle for subsea local override.
Fully pressure compensated design: actuator internals are fully sealed and filled with pressure compensation oil which shall act as lubrication and guarantees constant equalized internal and external pressures, allowing to easily achieve depths in excess of 1.000 meters.
• Fabricated entirely from carbon steel.
• Totally enclosed fully sealed waterproof housing filled with biodegradable protective pressure compensation fluid.
• Scotch yoke mechanism to suit valve torque requirements.
• AISI 316 grade stainless steel piston type pressure compensator / carbon steel bladder type pressure compensator / open compensation tank, to balance external and internal pressure of actuators center body.
• 316SS closed loop breather system on the pneumatic cylinder in order to avoid ingress of sea water inside the actuator.
• Low pressure pneumatic cylinder for supply pressures up to 12 bar design.
• High pressure carbon steel hydraulic cylinder suitable for supply pressures up to 400 bar design.
• Carbon steel piston with dynamic floating O-ring seals coupled with lubricating piston guide rings.
• Carbon steel spring cartridge (only for single acting) with safety facility which allows safe installation and removal of the whole cartridge assembly.
• AISI 316SS fully sealed mechanical T bar position indicator, which shall also activate the remote position indicator (where applicable).
• Remote actuator position signaling also available by means of inductive micro switches suitable for submerged service.
• Special specular type visual position indicator available upon request.
• Bronze sliding blocks which ensure minimum friction, allowing for a long service life and reducing maintenance costs.
• Bronze thrust bearings and high strength alloy steel chromium plated thrust reaction bar which guides the scotch yoke throughout its stroke and supports all transverse loads generated.
• ASTM A 320 L7 alloy steel tie rods, with standard electrolytic zinc coating according to ASTM B633 FeZn 12 (thickness 12 μm).
• Alloy steel end travel stops allow for accurate angular stroke adjustment complete with stainless steel end caps.
• Integral manual override (AISI 316 grade stainless steel hand wheels or horizontal / vertical AISI 316 grade stainless steel ROV receptacle for subsea override) facilities.
• Connection for portable diver pump override.
• Design allows 4 x 90° actuator rotation.
• AISI 316 stainless steel external bolting.
• Supply pressure up to 400 bar design.
• Actuator torque output up to 1.000.000 Nm for single acting and up to 2.000.000 Nm for double acting.
• Spring starting torque up to 600.000 Nm.
• Spring ending torque up to 400.000 Nm.
• All ProControl pressure containing parts are designed according to ASME VIII div.1 and EN 13445.
• All ProControl actuators are designed for 30 years’ service life.